- You score points when you submit valid words to the board.
- Each letter has a different point value displayed in the bottom right of the tile. Common letters provide lower points, while uncommon letters like Q provide 10 points.
E, A, I, O, N, R, T, L, S,U
B, C, M, P
F, H, V, W, Y
- If a tile is placed on top of a blue cell, its points would be multiplied by the number in the cell.
- If any tile of a word is place on a red cell, the entire word would be multiplied by the number in the cell.
- If you add new letters to an existing word, you gain points for every letter in that word. In the following example, only the S was added to the word TAG, but the points gained include the 4 points from the letters TAG.
- If adding new letters creates more than one word (through horizontal and vertical cross-sections), you gain points for every new word made. In the following example, adding the letters GAN formed 2 new words (LAG and GRAN), which scores points for both words.