This article contains all information about the scoring system of Arkadium’s Codeword Game.
Choose one option from the list below:
- How is the daily score calculated?
- How is the monthly score calculated?
- What happens when a new month starts?
How is the daily score calculated?
The daily score consists of 3 parts:
- The Puzzle Score. It equals the % of the puzzle that was completed without help X 100 - This is the percentage of cells filled without using the "Reveal" and "Check" buttons.
- The Time Bonus. It equals (300 secs - Time spent to solve the puzzle) X 10 - If your puzzle is finished within 5 minutes (300 seconds), you will receive a time bonus.
- The Daily Bonus. It equals 50 points - For example, if you completed August 31st's puzzle on August 31st, you will get a daily bonus.
Daily Score = Puzzle Score + Time Bonus + Daily Bonus
NOTE: if you wish to review your answers at the end of the game, please, press the REVIEW ANSWERS button at the top left corner of the game end pop-up
Let's break down the example above and calculate the score step-by-step:
- Puzzle Score = 10 000. 100% of the puzzle was completed without help: 100 x 100 = 10 000 points.
- Time Bonus = 1020. The puzzle was finished within 3 minutes, and 18 seconds equals 198 seconds. Time Bonus = (300 seconds - 198 seconds) = 102 seconds * 10 = 1020 pts.
- Daily Bonus = 0. The puzzle was completed on a different date. (the 1 October puzzle was completed on the 2 of October), and 50 points Daily Bonus wasn't awarded.
The Daily score = 10 000 + 1020 + 0 = 11 020 pts
Monthly Score (4 puzzles this month) = the previous day's score (8 890) + today's score (11 020)
= 19 910 points.
How is the monthly score calculated?
Your monthly score is the sum of all of the daily scores you finish within a month.
For example, if it's August now, and you have finished the following puzzles this month:
- August 4th = 8950 points.
- August 18th = 9450 points.
- August 31st = 8200 points.
Your monthly score after completing that August 31st puzzle would be calculated like this:
8950 points + 9450 points + 8200 points = a total score of 26,600 points.
After you complete that puzzle on the 31st, that's the score will be saved to the leaderboard.
What happens when a new month starts?
At the start of a new month, your monthly score will reset to zero again.
In the example above, if the last puzzle you completed in August was on the 31st, on September 1st, you start again from zero.
NOTE: keep in mind, Arkadium players are located across the world, but our leaderboards are set on Eastern Time, which in the winter months (EST) is five hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-05:00) and Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) during the summer months which is four hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-04:00). So, while you may be playing your game on August 31st at 9:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), it's already September 1st at 12:30 AM EST, so the leaderboards may already reset your monthly score