For our Daily Crossword games, your score will be saved to the leaderboard in a new way – by using your monthly score.
How is the monthly score calculated?
Your monthly score is a sum of all of the daily scores you finished within a month.
For example, if it's August now, and you have finished the following puzzles this month:
- August 4th = 8950 points
- August 18th = 9450 points
- August 31st = 8200 points
Your monthly score after completing that August 31st puzzle would be calculated like this:
- August 4th: 8950 points +
- August 18th: 9450 points +
- August 31st: 8200 points = a monthly score of 26,600 points
After you complete that puzzle on the 31st, that's the score that will be saved to the leaderboard.
What happens when a new month starts?
At the start of a new month, your monthly score will reset to zero again.
In the example above, if the last puzzle you completed in August was on the 31st, on September 1st, you start again from zero.
NOTE: Keep in mind, Arkadium players are located across the world, but our leaderboards are set on Eastern Time, which in the winter months (EST) is five hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-05:00) and Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) during the summer months which is four hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-04:00). So, while you may be playing your game on August 31st at 9:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), it's already September 1st at 12:30 AM EST, so the leaderboards may already reset your monthly score.
How is the daily score calculated?
The daily score consists of 3 parts:
1) The % of the puzzle that was completed without help X 100: This is the percentage of cells filled without using the "Reveal" and "Check" buttons.
2) The time bonus (300 secs - Time spent to solve puzzle) X 10: If your puzzle is finished within 5 minutes (300 seconds), you will receive a time bonus.
3) The daily bonus is 50 points: For example, if you completed August 31st's puzzle on August 31st, you will get a daily bonus.
This is how it's calculated:
Score + Time Bonus + Daily Bonus = Daily Score
NOTE: If you wish to review your answers at the end of the game, please, press the HIDE button in the top left corner of the game end pop-up.
Let's breakdown the example above and calculate the score step-by-step:
- 96% of the puzzle was completed without help: 96 x 100 = 9600 points.
- The puzzle was finished within 1 minute and 2 seconds, so they get a time bonus: 300 seconds - 62 seconds = 238 seconds. 238 x 10 = 2380 points.
- They completed the puzzle on the date of the daily puzzle (for example, completing the August 31st puzzle on August 31st) and received 50 points.
As you can see above, their total daily score is:
9600 + 2380 + 50 = 12030 pts
Their monthly score = the previous days' scores + today's scores = 19150 points.