This article contains everything you need to know about Arkadium's 8 Ball Pool game.
How to play
NOTE: be careful! Hitting the black ball into the wrong pocket, or pocketing the black ball before the other seven, results in an instant loss
Additional shot. When you pocket a ball correctly, you are always given a free additional shot. You can chain this effect multiple times. A move that goes against the rules (a foul) will ruin your streak, negate your free shot, and pass the turn to the opponent.
Fouls. You foul when:
- You do not hit any balls or a cushion (the table’s edge) with the cue ball.
- The ball you hit does not touch anything else, is not pocketed, and does not hit a cushion.
- You hit an opponent’s ball first (or hit black 8 ball while you still have colored balls). Note that before the sides are determined, any player is safe to hit any ball.
- You pocket an 8 ball into the wrong pocket (not the one you chose) if that rule is chosen.
- On the break shot, no balls are pocketed and fewer than four balls hit the cushions.
- You pocket a cue ball.
English spin. You can spin the cue ball by aiming at specific points:
- The center: a normal hit.
- Slightly below the center: STUNS the ball, making it stop dead after the hit.
- Above the center: FOLLOW, moving in the same direction after the hit.
- Below the center: DRAW, moving backwards after the hit.
- Left and right: leans to left or right after the hit.
Moving the ball. When permitted, one may place the cue ball manually in the desired position. While the cue ball is highlighted with a circle, you can drag it before striking. After your opponent fouls, you will always be able to do so; you can also drag the cue ball in the limited area while breaking the pyramid.